My PunBB-Hosting forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what PunBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Please register!

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Games
  •  » Are we, as gamers, limiting our ability to enjoy or engage in a good e

#1 2017-09-20 14:49:57

JoeClark
Dedicating Member
Dollars: 93
Bank: 0

Are we, as gamers, limiting our ability to enjoy or engage in a good e

Hi,
Original was posted in wrong board

I know this could be generalized for almost anything, but I find it more apparent in the gaming industry(possibly due to my interests keeping my eyes/mind focused on this industry in particular).

I believe there are some games that take a certain open-mindedness to fully immerse and engage with the experience. When you walk in closed off, looking specifically for flaws or points of expectation, you miss other small details or don't soak in each step of the experience and reflect on what is meant to be conveyed.

I have done this in the past and have ruined some games for myself. For example, I ruined The Surge for myself by comparing it too much to Dark Souls. Expecting the combat and environmental storytelling to be closer to a 1:1 comparison. I was missing key points to the flow of combat and other mechanics of the game. Eventually this caused me to put the game down and never come back to it. Granted, it's not the best game, but I think I made it worse than it was for myself.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-d … 3401435/#3

2d animated video

2017-09-20 14:49:57

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » Games
  •  » Are we, as gamers, limiting our ability to enjoy or engage in a good e

Adverts

Board footer